Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dream House...

Okay, for those of you who don't know, Blake and I have started yet another Downtown Batesville Restoration... Yes, we have lost our mind, but my husband is a saint for not throwing in the towel yet!!! I love you blake... :) Anyway, The house is located on Boswell Street, and the cool thing is, that my Great Great Grandfather JB Fitzhugh built the house for my Great Aunt Lucy as a wedding gift. Aunt Lucy and Uncle Tark lived there until my family moved back to Batesville in 1978, I was three years old. We lived there for about 12 years before moving to my grandmother's house on Main Street where my parents still live. So, i'm coming full circle and moving my family back in!!! Here's a small sample of "before" pictures, i'll add a few more later, so check back.
This is the living room, with the front porch out the window to the left and the dining room through the french doors to the right. The door to the left of the fireplace leads to Jack's new room.

Here's a shot in the kitchen, behind the camera is the main work area. Observe the fabulous blue wallpaper...


Oh, and the master bath. How about that floor??? Do you see the teal green door and cabinets??? This entire room was gutted and will get new cabinets and a tiled shower, it looks tiny and dungeonlike from here, but after we tore everything out it looked SO much better! The cabinets on the left side are so deep that i used to hide in them as a little girl!



The master bedroom, our new "grown up" king size bed will reside in the bay window. There's an office nook over to the right side of the room.


And, here's the kid den. Jack proudly tells everyone who tours that the cabinets are where his toys will go!
The process has been difficult, with any old house we've found many things that have made us regret the day we started. Kate's bathroom and the kitchen have both been down to dirt floors. We found a hole in the sewer pipe under the house, a gas leak, and active termites in the kitchen!!! Did I say difficult, more like a nitemare. But, we are pushing through and it will really be fabulous when we are done. More pictures to come!!!

1 comment:

Trip Rowley said...

I remember, I remember!! I love that house. It's going to be such a great house to raise your family. I can't wait to see the end results!